|style="Template:Roundy background: #Template:Bug color light;" colspan="2" | "The Queen of the Hive"|
| style="Template:Roundy background: #FFFFFF;" colspan="2" | |
VS Sprite from Sunrise and Sunset
|style="Template:Roundytl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Gender||style="Template:Roundytr background:#FFFFFF;" | Female|
|style="text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Eye color||Green|
|style="Template:Roundybl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Hair color||style="Template:Roundybr background:#FFFFFF;" | Black|
|style="Template:Roundytl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Hometown||style="Template:Roundytr background:#FFFFFF;" | Capeta City|
|style=" text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Region||Rinto|
|style="Template:Roundybl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Relatives||style="Template:Roundybr background:#FFFFFF;" | Father, Mother, Rebecca (cousin), Bertie (grandfather)|
|style="Template:Roundytl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Trainer class||style="Template:Roundytr background:#FFFFFF;" | Gym Leader|
|style="text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Generation||FI|
|style="Template:Roundybl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Games||style="Template:Roundybr background:#FFFFFF;" | Sunrise and Sunset|
|style="Template:Roundytl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Leader of||style="Template:Roundytr background:#FFFFFF;" | Capeta Gym|
|style="text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Badge||Buzz Badge|
|style="Template:Roundybl text-align:right; background: #Template:Bug color light;" | Specializes in||style="Template:Roundybr background:#FFFFFF;" | Bug types|
Beatrice (Japanese: 蜂ミ Hachumi) is the Gym Leader of Capeta City's Gym, known officially as the Capeta Gym. Trainers who defeat her receive the Buzz Badge. She is a farmer who specializes in Bug-type Pokémon.
In the gamesEdit
Beatrice was born and raised by her mother and father in Capeta City. When she was young, she enjoyed helping her parents tend to their livestock. She often took walks in the nearby Capeta Forest, and became fast friends with many of the Bug-type Pokémon. One day while she was exploring the forest, she was attacked by a wild Tobin, but was saved by a Buzapi. After witnessing the fight, she became interested in Pokémon battling, and she caught the Buzapi that had saved her.
A few years later, the Mayor of Capeta City decided to appoint her a Gym Leader after she saved the city from a group of aggressive Creemo. She accepted the offer, and constructed the Capeta Gym with the help of the local wild Pokémon. She then went on to build the Insect Preservation Center, a facility dedicated to the conservation of Bug-type Pokémon. She still regularly visits Capeta Forest and the Insect Preservation Center.
|Spoiler warning: this article or section may contain major plot or ending details.|
Beatrice serves as the Capeta City Gym Leader, and is the first that the player will challenge in Pokémon Sunrise and Sunset and s. Her gym is shaped like a giant beehive, and the player must reach her location by taking several elevators and battling several trainers.
Beatrice specialises in Bug-type Pokémon, and appears to have no particular strategy when it comes to battling. Upon defeating her, she will reward the player with a Buzz Badge and TM176 (Nectar Bomb).
The player first encounters Beatrice midway through Capeta Forest. She briefly explains who she is, before telling the player that she was investigating the nearby shrine. She cuts down a tree blocking the exit, and tells the player that they have to obtain the badge from the Capeta Gym if they want to be able to use Cut outside of battle.
When Capeta City is attacked by a group of CrisalitSr/PupazeSs and the Bug Statuette is stolen, Beatrice teams up with the player to investigate Capeta Forest. She then battles alongside them against a mysterious man named Brunswick. Later on, she aids the player in infiltrating the Old Farmhouse. However, she is unable to help the player fight against Brunswick, the leader of Team Silva, as her bug Pokémon are being affected by the powerful signals given off by his machine. She then appears alongside the other Gym Leaders and the old Elite Council at Lucid Spring and AntoinetteSr/PrimulaSs's Dreadnought, facing off against Bardo both times.
After the player enters the Bug-Catching Contest in Acre Park, Beatrice will turn up and enter too. If spoken to during the contest, she will give the player hints on which Pokémon to catch in order to win. If the player wins, she will congratulate them and reveal the truth about the Bug Statuette and why Bardo was after it; it is a key to open the Wooded Shrine. She then leaves., and they enter the
Capeta Forest (first visit)
- "Oh, hello! I don't usually see people in this part of the forest. Most people just take the long way around the outside so that they can avoid wild Pokémon. Hmm... Tell me, are you perhaps a Pokémon Trainer?"
- "I had a feeling! Why else would you be exploring this place? My name's Beatrice, by the way. It's nice to meet you, um... Sorry, what was your name again?"
- "<player>, huh... What a nice name! So, what brings a Trainer like you to this quaint forest? I don't mean to pry, but aren't the wild Pokémon here a little, well, weak? I imagine that you're heading to Capeta City, but why?"
- "You're going to challenge the Capeta Gym?! But it hasn't had any challengers since... well, you know. Hmm... I guess now's a good time to tell you that I'm the Capeta City Gym Leader, huh? I don't get why you've decided to challenge me, but hey, a battle's a battle, and I haven't had one in ages! I'm glad to accept your challenge! Just so you know, Capeta City is literally just a short walk away once you make it out of this forest. I'll one of my friends in the city know that you're on your way so that they can lead you to the Gym. Well... I guess I'll see you soon!"
- "Oh, by the way, the move that I just used is called Cut. Pokémon can use it outside of battle to chop down all of those small trees that have been sprouting all over the place recently. Speaking of which, I was just investigating the shrine in this forest to see if it had anything to do with them, though I didn't find anything... Anyway, if you want to use Cut outside of battle, then you'll have to win the Badge from my Gym. I'll be waiting!"
Capeta Gym (first visit)
- Before battle
- (to player) "Well, if it isn't <player>! I see that you managed to make it through Capeta Forest without much trouble. You even managed to make it through my Gym! I had it reopened just for you, you know! It wasn't easy!"
- (to Rebecca) "Are you ready, cousin? I know its been a long time since you last had to do this. You were right, by the way. There is something about different this Trainer. HeM/SheF hasn't got the same look as all those other young, headstrong adventurers that used to visit this place..."
- (to player) "Anyway, that's quite enough stalling. <Player>, get ready to face the queen of this hive!"
- After sending out last Pokémon
- "I'm not done yet! This queen has a nasty sting!"
- Being defeated
- "Your Pokémon... They floated like a butterflies but stung like a bees!"
- After being defeated
- (to player) "Well done! No offense, but I honestly wasn't expecting you to do that well. Obviously, I was wrong about you! You're not just another wild, young Trainer. Your Pokémon weren't battling for you, they were battling with you... Here, I don't know what you plan on doing with it, but it's only fair that I give you this."
- "That's the Buzz Badge. It allows you to use Cut outside of battle—but you already knew that! Having it also means that Pokémon up to Lv. 20, including those received in trades, will obey you. I'd also like you to take this."
- "That TM teaches Nectar Bomb. It deals damage, but may also lower the target's speed. You've probably noticed, but I'm really fond of it. What? It's really useful!"
- "Let me guess... You want to know where the closest Gym to here is, right? Sorry, but I have no idea! It's pretty embarrassing, but I don't really know any of Rinto's other Gym Leaders. I haven't had the chance to leave the area since... well, you know. Why don't you try asking Jim, you know, the guy near the entrance? He's got relatives working in Gyms everywhere, so he's bound to know. There's just one thing though... Are you sure you want to travel to other parts of Rinto? They might not be entirely safe, and I don't want you getting hurt..."
- (to Rebecca) "Oh, really? Well, I guess it doesn't matter then."
- (to player) "If Professor Redwood and Cynthia think that you're capable of fending for yourself, then who am I to disagree? Good luck, and please, take care..."
- If spoken to again
- "If you focus on treating your Pokémon with care, then your relationship will end up being sweeter than Honey!"
- In front of the Gym
- (to player) "Hey <player>, I heard some shouting and I— What's going on out here! A swarm of CrisalitSr/PupazeSs?! Is everybody okay? Are the Pokémon okay?!"
- (to AmeliaM/CameronF) "What! How could he! There's obviously something upsetting these Pokémon; we can't just attack them! I'm going to the City Hall right now! I have to get the Mayor to stop this nonsense!"
- In the Central Plaza
- "Oh, <player>! I'm glad I found you! You'll be happy to know that I managed to get the Mayor to call off his attack. The thing is, some of the city's residents have been trying to calm the rogue Pokémon down, but nothing seems to be working! Also, while everybody was busy dealing with the swarm, somebody managed to sneak into the City Hall, and now the Bug Statuette's gone missing! The Mayor's secretary said that she saw some funnily-dressed people running towards Route 3, and she thinks that they might have stolen it. I'm going there now to check! You should come too!"
- "Oh good, you're here! I managed to follow those people here, but they escaped into Capeta Forest. I'm going to head in there now and see if I can find them. I don't want to ask too much of you, but I'd be really grateful if you could come with me. We can't let them get away!"
- "Tread carefully, <player>. There's a whole bunch of funnily-dressed people here, and they headed south. I'm not saying anything about your abilities, but I think that it would be for the best if we teamed up. If your Pokémon get hurt, don't worry about it. I'll heal them for you."
- While walking
- "Why would these people bother trying to steal the Bug Statuette? Perhaps they just want to sell it... Still, the CrisalitSr/PupazeSs swarm seems like more than just a mere coincidence. We have to be careful, <player>. Something tells me that these people are more than just ordinary thieves."
- In front of the shrine
- (to Thorn) "Who are you? What are you doing with the Bug Statuette?"
- "So you hypnotized dozens of innocent Pokémon, just to steal a statue? You're a monster!"
- "Wait, no!"
- (to player) "She's gone... Oh well, at least she left the Bug Statuette behind, and the CrisalitSr/PupazeSs seem to be back to normal. What on earth was she talking about though? Awakening the Spirit of Forest? Sounds crazy to me. You should probably return the Statuette to the Town Hall. I'm sure that the Mayor will be really grateful. I'm going back to the Gym to see if any of the Pokémon there were affected. I guess this is goodbye again then, huh? Well, good luck!"
Capeta City (after obtaining the Toxic Badge)
- In front of the Pokémon Day Care
- "Oh, <player>! Long time no see! How have you been! I suppose you got the message from Nathan, right? For some reason, Capeta Forest's become overgrown all of a sudden, and its impossible to navigate! I think it has something to do with the Forest Crystal in the middle of the city. It recently began to lose its color, and according to the records in the City Hall, is never done that before! Do you think you could possibly check it out for me? I'd go myself, but I've been really busy trying to rescue any trapped Pokémon in Capeta Forest. Good luck!"
- In the Central Plaza
- "You saw that guy too, didn't you? He was dressed just like those people that we met in Capeta Forest! You have to follow him and see what they're up to! They probably have something to do with the Forest Crystal!"
- "<Player>, wait! I'm sorry that I followed you here, but I can't just let you rush head first into danger like this! Please, let me help you! I managed to get somebody else to look after the Pokémon in Capeta Forest, so don't worry about them!"
- "This is odd... There doesn't seem to be anything in here... Let's keep looking. We might find something."
- "Check every single nook and cranny. There must be something in here that we've missed."
- "What's this? A hidden stairway? <Player>, these people are good. We have to be careful. Please, let me go first."
- "Are you ready? If you need any Potions or stuff like that, then you should stock up now... Actually, on second thoughts, I'll just heal your Pokémon for you if they get hurt, like last time. I have more than enough supplies."
- While walking
- "Somewhere in here, those people are doing something terrible. I can feel it. We have to stop them before they can do too much harm!"
- "Did you hear that <player>? That was a Pokémon's cry, and it sounded like it was in pain! We have to keep going!"
- While walking
- "How are your Pokémon feeling, <player>? Mine are really nervous, and I can't get them to calm down. There must be something in the air disturbing them..."
- "There's that cry again! We must be really close now! I'll go on ahead... Don't look at me like that, I'll be fine! I know what I'm doing, trust me."
- In front of the control room
- "<Player>... I'm sorry. I wasn't strong enough... That machine's giving off such powerful signals! My Bug-type Pokémon couldn't cope!"
- "<Player>, why are you still here? Time's running out. That man in there... He's the one causing the overgrowth. You have to defeat him! Don't ask questions, just do it!"
- In the control room
- "<Player>, you did it! I can't thank you enough! You've saved my city! Listen, I'm really sorry that I wasn't much help earlier... Can you ever forgive me?"
- Yes: "Oh thank you!"
- No: "Oh, I see..."
- "Those people, what did they call themselves again? Team Silva? They were after the power of the Forest Crystal, but why? And that cry I heard, what was it? There doesn't seem to be any Pokémon in here... This is all very odd... We should tell the Professors about this— Wait, did Thorn tell you about their plans? Tell me all about it!"
- "Whoa... That sounds pretty crazy. Who knows what they're planning to do now that they've gotten the power from the Forest Crystal. Let's get out of here before this place self-destructs or something like that. What? I'm only kidding!"
- "Don't worry about me, <player>! I've become a lot stronger since the last time we met, and I'm not going to back down now!"
- "You have to get to the control room, quickly!"
- During the Bug-Catching Contest
- "Oh, hi <player>! It's been a while! I decided to enter this contest to hone my catching skills. Seeing as you've been so helpful, why don't I give you some tips? In this contest, it's best to catch high-level Pokémon, but it's even more helpful if you catch rarer Pokémon, like Quinant or Mothim. Good luck!"
- After the Bug-Catching Contest (if the player wins)
- "Congratulations on winning <player>! I had no doubt that you'd be successful! Make sure that you cherish the Bug Statuette while you can! Speaking of which, I've been doing some research in the City Hall, and I found out something really interesting! There's a legend about the Bug Statuette that I discovered in a really old book. It says: "Present the golden statuette to the Shrine of Forest, and the pathway to the Spirit of Forest shall be revealed." That's exactly what Thorn said in Capeta Forest! I don't think the "Shrine of Forest" refers to the shrine in Capeta Forest, though. I think it means the temple on Route 1. It used to be protected by lots of Psychic-type Pokémon in the past, but it's safe to approach now. Please tell me if you discover anything!"
Capeta Gym (after catching or defeating Herbaris)
- "Woah... You actually managed to find Herbaris! So the legends were true... But you were strong enough to take it on. You know, you've come a really long way since I first saw you. I'm proud to have battled you <player>. Thank you for everything!"
- "Kindness is like a flower's pollen. If you share it with others, they will share their kindness with you, and amazing things will blossom. If being a Gym Leader has taught me anything, it's that."
- "Hello <player>! It's good to see you all the way out here! You must love bugs as much as I do! I've been hearing a lot about you lately. Hey... Why don't we exchange phone numbers? I'd love to keep in contact with you, and I'd really like to battle you again sometime!"
- Yes: "Great! I look forward to speaking with you! If you want a rematch, call me on Monday evenings! I'm usually free around then."
- "I'm usually free on Monday evenings, so if you want a rematch, you should call me then. I really want to have another battle with you sometime, you know!"
- No: "Oh, why not?! Eh... I guess it's okay if you don't want to..."
- "Oh, you're back! So... Have you reconsidered? Do you want my phone number?"
Poképhone (calling the player)
- First variant
- "Hi, this is Beatrice... What's up? I might have already said this, but did you know that my Gym is also a honey farm? A lot of wild Pokémon helped me to build it when I first became a Gym Leader. I really think I've done well, you know? Not many people in the world can say that they've built a giant beehive! Oh, I have to go now... I'll speak to you later!"
- Second variant
- "Hi, this is Beatrice... What's up? You know I used to be a farmer right? I used to help my parents on our farm when I was growing up. Tending to the Pokémon was really fun! Have you ever tried it? Anyway, that was all before I became interested in Bug-type Pokémon and battling. Oh, I have to go now... I'll speak to you later!"
- Third variant
- "Hi, this is Beatrice... What's up? Did I tell you about my grandfather? He lives on Route 2 and he's really into berries. He taught me all about growing berries when I was young. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe I should visit him again sometime soon! Oh, I have to go now... I'll speak to you later!"
Poképhone (called by the player)
- Before entering the Hall of Fame
- "Hello... Oh, hi <player>. How are you doing? I'm doing well. You're aiming to collect all the Gym Badges in Rinto, aren't you? Well, I wish you the best of luck! Oh, I have to go... Bye!"
- After entering the Hall of Fame
- "Hello... Oh, hi <player>. How are you doing? I'm doing well. Oh, do you want to battle? I'm sorry, but I'm kind of busy at the moment. I'm free on Monday evenings though. Why don't you call then? Bye!"
- On Monday evenings
- "Hello... Oh, hi <player>. How are you doing? I'm doing well. Oh yes, I'm free right now! Let's battle again, okay?"
- Yes: "Great! I'll be waiting for you on Route 4!"
- No: "Oh... Never mind then..."
- "Speak to you soon!"
- After arranging a rematch
- "Hello... Oh, hi <player>. How are you doing? I'm doing well. Um, I'm waiting for you on Route 4. Could you please come as soon as you can so that we can battle again! Bye!"
- Before battle
- "Oh good, you're here! It's really good to see you again, <player>. I've been hearing a lot of good things about you from the other Gym Leaders since our last battle. Everybody's talking about you! Now, why don't we see how much better we've both become!"
- After sending out last Pokémon
- "I'm not going to give up now!".
- Being defeated
- "What! No way!"
- After being defeated
- "Whoa... Even with my new and improved team, I couldn't beat you! You don't suppose that Bug-type Pokémon are just pretty weak, do you? Haha! Don't worry, I'm not being serious! I know that you're just a really great Trainer who's able to defeat Pokémon of any type! By the way, I've been meaning to tell you something pretty important. I was thinking of relocating my Gym! You see, I think that the one I have now could be used as a farm and storage building, and I'm sure that there are many other places in the city where I could build a new one. I've asked the Mayor, and he's given me the green light. He also said that he might develop the city a little more too! Anyway, I'm going to go back to the Gym now, but call me again sometime, okay? See you soon!"
- "You can only truly succeed if you cooperate with the people around you."
|style="Template:Roundy border: 2px solid #Template:Bug color dark; background: #Template:Bug color light; width:80px"|||style="Template:Roundy border: 2px solid #Template:Bug color dark; background: #Template:Bug color light; width:80px"|||style="Template:Roundy border: 2px solid #Template:Bug color dark; background: #Template:Bug color light; width:80px"| File:Spr SrSs Beatrice Back.png||style="Template:Roundy border: 2px solid #Template:Bug color dark; background: #Template:Bug color light; width:80px"| File:Spr SrSs Beatrice OD.png||style="Template:Roundy border: 2px solid #Template:Bug color dark; background: #Template:Bug color light; width:80px"| File:Spr SrSs Beatrice OD 2.png|
| Beatrice's sprite from|
| Beatrice's VS sprite from|
| Beatrice's back sprite from|
| Beatrice's overworld sprite from|
| Beatrice's overworld sprite from|
Generation FI (outside of gym)
- Beatrice has two different outfits, one that she wears in her Gym (as seen in her sprite, VS sprite, and first overworld sprite), and one that she wears outside of her Gym (as seen in her back sprite and second overworld sprite).
| class="round" style="background:#Template:Bug color light; padding:2px; border-spacing:3px;" |
- ↑ "I used to help my parents on our farm when I was growing up. Tending to the Pokémon was really fun!" — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "A lot of wild Pokémon helped me to build [the Gym] when I first became a Gym Leader." — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "I was just investigating the shrine in this forest." — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "If you want to use Cut outside of battle, you'll need the Gym Badge from my Gym." — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "That machine's giving off such powerful signals! My Bug-type Pokémon couldn't cope!" — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "Seeing as you've been so helpful, I'll give you some tips!" — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "There's a legend about the Bug Statuette that I discovered in one of the books in the Town Hall. It says: "Present the golden statuette to the Shrine of Forest, and the pathway to the Spirit of Forest shall be revealed."" — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
- ↑ "I'm proud to have battled you <Player>, thanks for everything!" — Beatrice (Sunrise and Sunset)
|Gym Leaders]] of the Rinto region]]|